To assist the authorised bodies and individuals in FBiH, in order to spend public funds in an economical, efficient and successful manner. To prevent and detect early any errors, deviations and other irregularities in carrying out activities; providing suggestions for improvements to authorised individuals managing public funds.
To render the Office capable of conducting audit as soon as possible.
To promote international INTOSAI standards in public sector auditing practice.
To support and encourage the application of international standards in financial management, in transparency of work and in reporting to the authorised bodies and the public.
Encouraging a change in awareness in carrying out public affairs and providing public services. Building a contemporary audit institution that will be able to carry out the stated mission on the basis of the LIMA declaration, INTOSAI standard and ethical work of auditors.
Defining of Objectives
The Audit Office defined its strategic objectives based on its vision and mission. The primary objectives of the Audit Office are as follows:
- Ensure transparency of public spending by presenting audit reports to the competent authorities and institutions in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the media and general public (in accordance with the Law on Audit).
- Improve accountability in public spending by conducting audits of financial systems, reports, and transactions, and reviewing or inspecting certain aspects of business operations, programs or activities in terms of economy, efficiency or effectiveness (audit of performance)
- Improve the quality and reliability of financial processes by giving recommendations to authorities that have a say in budget management. Ensure the legality of operation of budget and other users that spend public funds, identify deviations and suggest actions to eliminate such deviations.
- Provide information to legislative and executive authorities in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina by way of audit reports, based on which they can make inspections or reviews, and take action aimed at proper public funds' spending.
- Raise the level of confidence of domestic and international public in the institutions of FBiH legislature and executive by providing comprehensive audit reports, which will in turn increase the reliability of the reports of the Supreme Audit Institution in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, as an important institution both for the citizens of the Federation of BiH and for the preparations of Bosnia and Herzegovina for the EU integration.